I want to talk about Colloidal Silver in today’s post. You may or may not have heard of this awesome natural antibiotic but, I will share what I have found out for myself. I have struggled with lots of illness in my life and so I’m always looking for natural ways to heal myself rather then run to the doctor every time I’m sick. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2005 and was literally almost bed ridden with 6 months:( I was sent home from the doctor with a prescription for anti depressants and told there was nothing they could do…I wasn’t going to accept that! I started to do a lot of research and trying different things to get relief. I tried The RawFood diet and vegan diet and alkaline diet and the china study…just about everything. I started to see a link between tubal ligation and hysterectomy to Fibromyalgia. A light bulb went off, I had my tubes tied right after the birth of my son in August 2002 and my health went down hill after that until my diagnosis in 2005. So I started to research tubal reversal and found that the best tubal reversal doctor practiced in North Carolina. So I set a date for my surgery and my husband and I flew to N.C. On Mothers Day 2007 and I had my surgery…it wasn’t cheap or covered by insurance but God provided the money. within a month post surgery my Fibromyalgia symptoms were gone…seriously! I have been pain free until a few months ago when my perimenopause reached its all time high:( I am nearing the end of perimenopause and the beginning of menopause…I still do not have full blown Fibro pain like I did before surgery but I do get pain in my shoulders and lower back at certain times of the month. My long story has brought me to my discovery of Colloidal Silver (thanks for hanging in this long:) I have recently been inundated with UTI’s:( I have never really had a problem with them but, I have heard that women going through perimenopause are at a higher risk for them…lucky me:( I started to do some research about natural antibiotics and I found a lot of great info about Colloidal Silver. One of the best sites I came across was thesilveredge.com….I learned a lot and I am even making my own Colloidal Silver now. I am doing better these days since starting the silver and I feel like it will protect me from future UTI’s and bladder issues also with all these bacteria infections gaining steam and becoming antibiotic resistant you need to have something to keep you and your loved ones well that will not become resistant to bacteria, viruses and fungi. I will keep you posted on my silver journey and until next time. Be well and stay safe:)
I Know I haven’t posted in a very long time and my only excuse is that life got in the way. So please stay tuned for more blogs posts coming your way:)
I talked about GOOT yesterday and my son-in-law had to use some yesterday on himself and he’s well enough to go back to work today:) But, there is another remedy I have been using for several years. It’s called master tonic and it will pretty much kill any germ bacterial or viral. My daughter was unlucky enough to catch the swine flu and I gave it to her and she was well in 24 hours so it will definitely get you well:) My family calls it dragon juice because it is spicy but it gets the job done.
1 part fresh chopped
1 part fresh chopped
white onions, or the hottest onions available (similar properties to garlic)
1 part fresh grated
ginger root (increases circulation to the extremities)
1 part fresh grated
horseradish root (increases blood flow to the head)
1 part fresh chopped
Cayenne peppers, Jalapenos, Serranos, Habeneros, African bird peppers….any
combination of the hottest peppers available
Fill a glass jar 3/4 of the way full with equal parts of the above fresh chopped and grated herbs.
Then fill to the top with raw unfiltered, unbleached, nondistilled
apple cider vinegar.
Close and shake vigorously and then top off the vinegar if necessary. Begin this formula on the
NEW moon and strain and bottle on the FULL moon, (approximately 14 days). Filter the mixture
through a clean piece of cotton, bottle and label.
Make sure that when you are making this tonic that you shake it every time you walk by it, a
minimum of once per day. Remember that all the herbs and vegetables should be fresh (and
organic if possible), and to use dried herbs only in an emergency.
Strain liquids from solids through muslin cloth or strainer into a 8oz. Glass. Note: the solid ingredients
retain almost the same potency as the liquid ingredients; therefore, these solids can be puréed to use with
other ingredients like honey and lemon to make a salad dressing or to marinate meats of all sorts.
This formula will not spoil
unless mixed with new ingredients.
1/2 to 1 ounce, two or more times daily, gargle and swallow.
Store your tincture in a dark place as light will deteriorate it. You can put the jar in a paper bag for the
brewing and shaking process. “Tinctures last indefinitely, while herbs can lose potency within a year.
Also, tinctures enter your system in seconds, as compared with dry herbs in capsules which have to be
digested first.” Advised Schultz.
This tonic is extremely powerful, because all the ingredients are fresh. Its power should not be
underestimated. This formula is a modern day plague tonic and when added to an incurable
routine I have seen it cure the most chronic conditions and stubborn diseases. It stimulates
maximum blood circulation, while putting the best detoxifying herbs into the blood. This formula
is not just for the sniffles, it has helped to turn around the deadliest diseases.
Here is a youtube video showing the process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wQbGDmaKZc
I usually just blend the ingredients up one by one in a food processor, which is easier than grating. I then layer in a gallon glass jar and cover with apple cider vinegar leaving a space of about 2 inches in the top…good luck and hope you like it…I actually like the taste:) I also did not start this on a new moon like the instructions say…don’t think it matters. I also used regular jalapeno peppers instead of the hottest I could find.
til next time God Bless and be safe
It’s that time again…Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years take your pick:) ….I love this time of year because it gives us a chance to spend time with family and get our grub on:) I will be preparing a Paleo-esq dinner. I have found several really good recipes but, most of them are from Wellness Mama:) She always has great informative post as well as yummy healthy recipes.
Grain Free Stuffing Ingredients:
- 2 large turnips (not sure how big they normally are, but mine weighed about 2 lbs each, so 4 lbs total)
- 3 large or 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 large onions
- 5 large ribs of celery (or about 1 medium sized head)
- 1 package of fresh button mushrooms
- 1 apple
- 1 pound of sage pork sausage (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoons or more garlic powder (to taste)
- 2-3 teaspoons sage powder or more (to taste)
- About 1 teaspoon each of Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt or more (to taste)
- 1/2 cup of oil for cooking: tallow, lard, ghee, coconut oil, etc (just no vegetable oils)- I prefer tallow
How To Make Savory Grain Free Stuffing:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel turnips and sweet potatoes and cut into small (1/2 inch) cubes
- Grease 2 large baking sheets with oil and evenly spread the turnips and sweet potatoes on them (Depending on the size of your baking sheets, it may take another baking sheet or a couple rounds to fit them all)
- Sprinkle with some of the garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, turmeric, pepper and salt and toss with your hands.
- Put into oven and bake for about an hour until they are soft and starting to brown… toss a few times to brown evenly.
- While those are cooking … in a large skillet (or Wok) brown the sausage if you are using it.
- Finely dice the onions, and celery and add to the pan once the sausage has cooked. You might need to add more oil.
- Dice the mushrooms and peel and dice the apple and add once the onions/celery have started to soften.
- Continue cooking until all are cooked and add more of the above spices to your taste.
- Once turnips and sweet potatoes are done, mix with the sausage/onion/celery/apple/mushroom combination and continue mixing until well incorporated and starting to clump together.
- Transfer to a greased 9×19 baking dish and warm in oven if serving immediately or put in fridge, covered.
- For reheating: 30 minutes, covered @350 degrees.
Green Bean Casserole:
- 2-3 medium onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or tallow for frying (I use tallow)
Healthy Cream of Mushroom Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream or coconut milk
- 1/3 of onion mix above
- 8-10 mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 egg yolks (You should have these left over if you are making the Sweet Potato Casserole)
- coconut milk or water to thin
- 5 cans of cut or french style green beans (can also use fresh or 2-3 bags of frozen, just heat first to remove extra liquid)
How To Make It:
1. Thinly slice all the onions, separate, and put in medium bowl.
2. Add the two eggs and the heavy cream and mix well until evenly incorporated.
3. Add coconut flour and mix by hand until evenly coated (note:may use slightly more or less depending on your brand of coconut flour.)
4. Put tallow in large skillet and turn on medium high heat.
5. When hot, add the coated onions and evenly brown, turning occasionally.
6. When browned, remove from heat and set aside.
7. In medium sauce pan, melt butter and saute mushrooms until starting to brown, then add cream or coconut milk.
8. Whisk in egg yolks and spices and about 1/3 of the onion topping mixture and continue stirring until the yolks begin to cook and the mixture thickens.
9. Add extra milk or water if needed to thin (only a few tablespoons might be needed).
10. Drain green beans and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
11. Pour the cream mixture over and mix well until incorporated.
12. Top with onion mixture and heat at 325 in oven until topping starts to crisp (but not burn!) and green beans are heated.
Sweet Potato Casserole:
- 5 egg whites
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of vanilla
- 6-8 sweet potatoes, baked until soft
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- dash of salt
How To Make Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Once slightly cooled, mash the sweet potatoes with butter and salt.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or coconut oil and fill with mashed sweet potatoes.
- In a double boiler or small pan with water and a glass bowl on top, whip the egg whites with a hand blender until fluffy.
- Add honey and turn on heat.
- Use a whisk to whip the egg white and honey mix as it heats. Whisk for about 20 minutes (or less) until it thickens.
- It will start to take on the consistency of melted marshmallows… when it is thick enough, spread over the sweet potatoes and put in the oven under broil for a minute or two to brown.
- Serve plain or with toasted pecans on top.
Mashed Cauliflower Ingredients:
- 1-2 head of fresh cauliflower or 1-2 bags of frozen
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 T cream cheese or sour cream (optional)
- 2 T or more Parmesan (optional)
- Salt, pepper, garlic and other spices to taste
How to Make Mashed Cauliflower:
- Bring a couple quarts of water to a boil in a large pan and add cauliflower.
- Cook until tender (I suppose you could also use a microwave, but I’ve never tried since we don’t have one and don’t use them!)
- When tender, put into large bowl and add other ingredients.
- Use immersion blender or hand mixer to blend until smooth and creamy. This is the most important step… chunks of cauliflower are a giveaway!
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired and serve warm.
Slightly Sweet Cranberry Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 bags of fresh cranberries (they are usually 12 ounce bags)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice or orange juice (I recommend pineapple!)
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup of water
- juice and zest of one orange
How To Make It:
- Put cranberries, pineapple juice, applesauce and water in a sauce pan and and bring to a boil.
- Keep on medium heat, stirring constantly until the cranberries start to explode (about 10-15 minutes).
- Reduce to a simmer and pour the juice and zest over the cranberry mixture.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cool completely and store in fridge at least 4 hours but preferably overnight before serving.
- NOTE: This is not as sweet as store versions! Taste at the end of cooking. It is naturally sweet from the fruit juice and applesauce but you can add honey or stevia to taste if needed.
Bacon and Sea Salt Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
– 1.5-2 lbs of fresh Brussels Sprouts
-4 pieces of thick cut bacon
-1/4 cup tallow, ghee or olive oil (tallow or ghee preferred because it cooks at a high temp)
– 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
– 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic granules
How To Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut stems off Brussels Sprouts and remove and wilted leaves then cut in half.
- Toss them with the tallow, ghee or oil (heat tallow a little first to make liquid) and spread on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip Brussels sprouts.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over the Brussels Sprouts on the baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes until Brussels Sprouts are starting to brown and bacon is crisp.
- Serve as is, or toss with dried cranberries for a fall taste.
Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients:
- About 1 cup of almonds, pecans or hazelnuts, finely powdered in blender or food processor
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- cinnamon to taste
- honey or stevia to taste
- 12 ounces pumpkin puree (about 1.5 cups of homemade or about 1 can store bought)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spices (to taste) or 1 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle each of nutmeg and cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- stevia or honey to taste (I used 2 tsp of powdered stevia leaf from the garden)
[Note: The above recipe can be doubled to fit in a 9×13 baking dish]
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Finely powder the almonds or pecans in food processor or blender.
- Mix with cinnamon, stevia, egg and coconut oil and use hands to press into bottom of pie pan.
- Put in heating oven for 10-15 minutes until crust is slightly toasted.
- In the meantime, mix the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, spices, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and sweetener (if using) with a mixer or immersion blender (or just throw in a blender).
- When crust has started to toast, remove from oven and pour filling into pan.
- Return to oven and cook for 35-45 minutes or until top doesn’t wiggle in center and starts to slightly crack on sides.
- Remove and let cool.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
This next one is courtesy of Paleo Spirit:)
Paleo Pecan Tart/Pie:
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons chilled pastured butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (coconut crystals)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 Medjool dates (or enough dates to make 2/3 cup purée)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons pastured butter or virgin coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup plus 2/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pecan halves (for topping) – about 23 pieces
- Toast the pecan halves (total of 2 1/2 cups) on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for about 7 minutes. Separate.
- Chop 1 cup plus 2/3 cup of pecans roughly in the food processor.
- Combine the coconut flour, pecans, fat (either pastured butter or virgin coconut oil) and salt in food processor and pulse until combined and pecans are finely chopped.
- Add the eggs and pulse until a dough is formed.
- Spread the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9 1/2 inch tart pan.
- Place the pitted dates in the food processor with the applesauce and maple syrup. Process until dates are completely puréed and you have a smooth mixture.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer add the date purée, eggs, fat of choice (butter or coconut oil), molasses, rum, vanilla and salt and mix on medium speed until well-combined.
- Place the chopped pecans into the bottom of the prepared tart shell.
- Pour the filling into the shell.
- Decorate the top with the remaining 1/3 cup of pecan halves.
- Place the tart onto a sheet pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving and that you get some use out of these yummy recipes:)
How cutting out the crap and going Paleo can help your insides:)
Posted: November 18, 2011 in Uncategorized
There are many reasons why going even 80% paleo could help your insides and help with sleep and a foggy free brain….here is a chart that can help educate you to how what we eat can effect us.
Foods to avoid: (Sugar,Processed foods,Trans Fats) Grains: (Bread,Cereal,Pasta,Rice,Quinoa,any gluten free subtitute.)
–Grains provoke an Inflammatory response in our gut:
Lectins-proteins found in grains,legumes and dairy – most poplar lectin is Gluten – role in nature – anti-predation – hard to digest/breakdown, resistant to stomach acid & digestive enzymes – they pass thru the digestive tract largely intact!! Where all hell breaks loose:( (autoimmunity, food allergies, IBS, celiacs disease) They kill the cell lining of intestinal membrane – foreign substances pass into blood stream….where they don’t belong:( Our immune system is 80% in intestines, it recognizes invaders and provokes an inflammatory response…systemically.
Grains Spike Insulin Levels: super concentrated source of carbs = sugar, lots of carbs = lots of insulin, excess insulin = stored as fat, chronically elevated insulin levels= cell becoming desensitized pancreas secretes more insulin than necessary and we continue to gain weight because glucose is always present in the bloodstream instead of utilizing fat stores.
Grains Have an Acidifying effect on the Body: Concept of acid base balance – Acidic Environment is inflammatory and is a result of chronically raising insulin, it promotes Bone De-mineralization, Osteoperosis, Leeches muscle mass…:(
Grains are empty Calories: There is nothing found in grains you can’t get from a better source with no down sides or side effects.
Dairy: Milk, cheese, cream, yogurt, kefir
Dairy is Insulinogenic & inflammatory to the gut and causes damage to gut lining…causes an immune response! (skim, 1%,2%, whole milk all similar responses) Dairy has an acidic effect on the body ( especially cheeses), as a growth promoter, dairy drives cellular reproduction, but associated high insulin levels upregulate the production of mutated cells which can form tumors and cause cancer:( removal of dairy will clear up congestion,mucus and acne.
Legumes: Beans, peas, lentils, soy, and peanuts – contain lectins same as grains, carb dense = more insulin…sound familiar?
“Fiber”= a poor reason to eat them, they offer an “incomplete amino acid profile” they are a third world protein = surviving but not thriving! Micronutrient density = pales in comparison to veggies and dark leafy greens.
Soy: Problematic Phytoestrogens, In women soy consumption is linked to longer and more painful menstrual periods:(
In men soy consumption is linked to decreased sperm count:( It will mess with your sex hormones!!
Metabolic Derangement: Insulin sensitivity = Insulin Resistance = Type 2 Diabetes = Death!! This process across the spectrum is reversible:)
“Inflammation”: a slightly abstract concept but a critical component to our quality of life!
Your Immune system’s efficiency is being compromised by having to divert resources based on your nutrition and life style choices:(
Syndrome X/ Metabolic Syndrome: a family of uniquely modern, life style effected disorders, including:
Obesity, CVD,T2D,High Cholesterol,T3D,mood disorders,learning disabilities,ADD/ADHD,autism,asbergers,anxiety disorders,celiac,ulcerative colitis,hashimotos thyroid disorder, and infertility
Systemic Inflammation is the common thread amongst all of these diseases!
Foods You Can Eat: Meat, eggs, Fish, poultry, lots of veggies, some fruit, nuts, good fats(olive oil on salads, cook with lard, coconut oil, tallow or bacon grease…more good fats to eat are avocados, olives and fatty “grass fed meat”, your starches should be earned by taking care of yourself and exercising at least 3 times a week by walking or sprinting or doing some weight training or intervals, good starches are sweet potatoes, yams, taro root, yucca root, turnips, beets and carrots:)
I hope this has helped a few weed thru what exactly grains and sugars and dairy can do to us and why we must avoid them to be our healthiest:) There are a few people out there that have no problems with a little dairy so try no dairy for 30 days and slowly add back in and see how you feel. After a 30 day challenge you can drop down to 80% paleo and see how you do with that:)
I would love feedback and let me know if I missed something:
God Bless and til next time be safe,
The Coconut Oil Miracle!!
Posted: November 22, 2011 in Uncategorized
I want to talk about coconut oil….if you are in the paleo or primal movement right now then you know how awesome this oil is:)
“Let me take you to the jungles of northern Brazil, far from civilization. Imagine yourself as a modern-day explorer venturing into the Amazon rain forest fighting pesky mosquitoes and wading through knee-deep swamps. One morning you wake up sweating like an ice cube in the hot July sun. A fever rages out of control, interspersed with brief periods of icy chills. Every muscle in your Body feels like it’s twisted into knots; the strain has sapped your strength, and you lie exhausted, almost too weak to move. With no modern medicine or doctors to help, you seek assistance from the natives. Your health, perhaps even your life, depends on the skill of the tribal medicine man. His treatment consists of a porridge made from coconut. You’re fed this meal everyday. Under the watchful care of the medicine man, you gradually regain your strength, and soon you’re well enough to go on your way. This story is not beyond belief. The natives in South and Central America regard coconut as both food and medicine. It helps to keep them healthy in a climate infested with malaria, yellow fever, and other tropical diseases. If you go along the coasts of Somalia and Ethiopia in Africa, the locals will give you palm kernel oil if you are sick – a traditional remedy used for almost all ills. Whether you are on an island in the Caribbean, an atoll in the Pacific Ocean, or the coast of Southeast Asia or India, it is likely that the native people would give you coconut in some form as part of your treatment. Wherever the coconut palm grows, the people have learned of it’s value as a source of food and as a medicine. This is why it is hailed as the Tree of Life.
“Disease Prevention and Treatment Uses for Coconut Oil”
Research and clinical observation have shown that medium-chain fatty acids, like those found in coconut oil, may help prevent and treat a wide range of diseases. Coconut oil can help:
* Prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, and stroke
* Prevent diabetes and relieve the symptoms and health risks associated with the disease
* Support the development of strong bones and teeth
* Protect against osteoporosis
* Promote loss of excess weight
* Kills viruses that cause mononucleosis, influenza, hepatitis C, measles, herpes, AIDS, and other illnesses
* Reduce symptoms associated with pancreatitis
* Reduce severity of problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis
* Relieve symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers
* Relieve symptoms of gallbladder disease
* Relieve pain and irritation caused by hemorriods
* Reduce chronic inflammation
* Protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers
* Prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
* Prevent premature aging and degenerative disease
* Relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome
* Relieve symptoms associated with benign prostrate hyperplasia (prostrate enlargement)
* Reduce epileptic seizures
* Protect against kidney disease and bladder infections
* Prevent liver disease
* Kill bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infections, dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, and dozens of other diseases
* kill fungi and yeast that cause candida, jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections
* Expel or kill tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites
* Ward off skin infections
* Reduce symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
* Relieve dryness and flaking
* Prevent damage effects of UV radiation from the sun such as wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
* Control dandruff
This info and more can be found in the book by Bruce Fife, C.N., N.D. called “The Coconut Oil Miracle” Please check it out there is a lot of great info about how coconut oil can help you as well as testimonials. It also has some recipes in the back of the book but, as some of them use grain (flour, sugar, wheat and wheat noodles) I don’t advocate them. But, the book is worth buying just for all the good info on coconut oil and how you can benefit:)
So get lots of good fat (coconut oil, tallow, lard, REAL butter, and avocados) and you will see a huge difference in your energy levels….til next time be safe:)
I had heard of this recipe online and heard that it works wonders when your sick and I know this is the time of year to get sick so I’m sharing this GOOT recipe with you to help you thru those sick days and speed up the healing process:)
You can make GOOT w/out the coconut oil, but I will tell you that using the Virgin Coconut Oil in it makes a huge difference!
You can rub this stuff on the soles of your feet and then put on some socks as well as rubbing up your chest with it like you would a vapor rub. My son was coughing his head off and had a bit of a fever and I rubbed his chest and feet up with this and he stopped coughing within a few minutes and didn’t cough the rest of the day or nite…his fever went down as well.
GOOT Garlic Oil Treatment
You will need:
3Tbs Virgin Coconut Oil
3 Tbs Olive Oil
3 Tbs fresh, chopped garlic
If the coconut oil is not liquid, you will have to warm it until melted. I warm it under hot water, or in the microwave not on the stove. Then you will add three tablespoons of olive oil and mix them together. Next, add three tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic. I usually just throw everything together in the blender..I have a vitamix and it makes it pretty smooth so there is no reason to strain. If you don’t have a blender you could use a food processor or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar and label it “GOOT.” You will need to store in the refrigerator.
Freshly made, the mixture is a milky color and runny. GOOT turns into a thick soft paste after one hour. After being in the fridge for several hours, it is just hard like a salve easy to spread.
Don’t worry if your GOOT melts. The oils will not stay hard when warmed. It’s fine. You can use it as the oil or you can put it back in the fridge and cool it again.
GOOT, rubbed into the skin, transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Raw garlic is a natural antibiotic that does not carry the bad flora that a Rx antibiotic will put into your intestines.
Apply on the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Place on cotton swab for ear infections. Apply directly to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete’s foot or genital area for jock itch. Insert GOOT into affected area for yeast or other related infections. Apply on rashes any place. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by direct application.
In addition, it treats systemic infections by absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels throughout the body. Should last a good while in the fridge, plus coconut oil is anti/bacterial so it would keep it from going bad…I would probably say 6 months is a good time frame and then make a another batch.
I will get into another virus and bacterial remedy tomorrow that takes two weeks to ferment:) Until then be safe and God Bless:)